Thursday, March 5, 2009

Punting!

I punted yesterday after going on a punting trip through the park. The dude let me drive for a bit. It's pretty easy in theory - you just push against the bottom of the river. Though I couldn't keep the boat straight, and I gave the pole back to its rightful owner after a few minutes.

Here I am!

Off to go farming in a few hours about half an hour outside of Christchurch, not sure what sort of internet she has there, and was not able to get a car just yet (may not get one for a month or so), so may not report back for the next week. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that makes sense then. Because normally, when one punts, it's because they're playing football or they've given up and taken a different course. Now I understand.......... although, I suppose you're going to have to learn all kinds of weird phrases from those Kiwis!

    ReplyDelete