Sunday, March 1, 2009

NZ minus 30 hours

So, I fly out of jfk in 5 hours, and from there we'll see just how
crazy I am to be doing this. The total travel time from here to
Auckland will be 25 hours and 40 minutes, including layovers in LA and
Fiji. I'll get to Auckland 12:45 on a Tuesday, spend the day/night
there, and then take a short flight to Christchurch the next day, when
my touring begins in earnest.

Finding a farm was admittedly a bit of a struggle as I was having
trouble getting replies to my emails to the farmers, but finally got
one yesterday. Working out the timing but looks like I'll be helping
out with tidying up a small farm (a few goats and pigs), fixing
fencing and whatnot. It's in a suburb of Christchurch and doesn't seem
too far from the coast... So maybe can get some beach time in, who
knows.

Will report back when I'm in NZ! So long for now, USA!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad to hear that you found a farm.

    (I'm still secretly hoping that you'll follow through on the straw-hat-and-overalls thing)

    ReplyDelete